Re: [miniaturebooks] Hello Miniature book lovers (from a newbie).

  • Randy Asplund
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2007
      Hello Pat,

      That's beautiful work you have done there. I just looked at your web
      site and I like your choices of subject and the artistic look of your
      work.

      This list is not the most heavily posted, so it will be pretty quiet
      for quite a while at a time. Though you'd think with the Conclave
      coming up soon there would be more chatter about that.

      I can't make it to Seattle, but my hope is to make two more of the
      Jeanne d'Arc semi-facsimile books and have them there on consignment.
      It'll be a scramble though, since I got half way through hand gilding
      (all of the pages on the front sides) when a rush illustration job
      came upon me. Obviously, that has to come first, but I expect the two
      books to be done in time.

      Randy Asplund
      www.RandyAsplund.com

      On Sep 26, 2007, at 8:17 PM, skywindmcm2000 wrote:

      > Hi folks!
      >
      > Wow, it's so nice to finally find a discussion group for miniature
      > books! I am both an 'artist' and a collector and have SO much to
      > learn about these tiny tomes. I'm looking forward to visiting here
      > often :-) I can't go to the MBS Conclave this year because I can't
      > fly. Oh, I know many of you will be there and how I would LOVE to
      > meet you! Wahhhh!
      >
      > I'd welcome your opinions (Ooooo...dare I?) about my books. I
      > especially enjoy preserving old literature in miniature (in adapted
      > form for the most part). Hope you'll have a look at my website and
      > tell me what you think. http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-DHMINIS
      > I started out making miniature books for dollhouses, but have
      > 'expanded' my work into other miniature book arenas. I promise not to
      > cry (too much) if your critique is harsh...I really want to learn!
      >
      > Gratefully,
      >
      > Pat Carlson

      Randy Asplund
      www.RandyAsplund.com
      Maker of Medieval books and
      Illustrator of Science Fiction & Fantasy
      (734) 663-0954
      2101 S. Circle Dr. Ann Arbor, MI 48103