Hello Miniature book lovers (from a newbie).

  • skywindmcm2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 26, 2007
      Hi folks!

      Wow, it's so nice to finally find a discussion group for miniature
      books! I am both an 'artist' and a collector and have SO much to
      learn about these tiny tomes. I'm looking forward to visiting here
      often :-) I can't go to the MBS Conclave this year because I can't
      fly. Oh, I know many of you will be there and how I would LOVE to
      meet you! Wahhhh!

      I'd welcome your opinions (Ooooo...dare I?) about my books. I
      especially enjoy preserving old literature in miniature (in adapted
      form for the most part). Hope you'll have a look at my website and
      tell me what you think. http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-DHMINIS
      I started out making miniature books for dollhouses, but have
      'expanded' my work into other miniature book arenas. I promise not to
      cry (too much) if your critique is harsh...I really want to learn!

      Gratefully,

      Pat Carlson
    • Randy Asplund
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 27, 2007
        Hello Pat,

        That's beautiful work you have done there. I just looked at your web
        site and I like your choices of subject and the artistic look of your
        work.

        This list is not the most heavily posted, so it will be pretty quiet
        for quite a while at a time. Though you'd think with the Conclave
        coming up soon there would be more chatter about that.

        I can't make it to Seattle, but my hope is to make two more of the
        Jeanne d'Arc semi-facsimile books and have them there on consignment.
        It'll be a scramble though, since I got half way through hand gilding
        (all of the pages on the front sides) when a rush illustration job
        came upon me. Obviously, that has to come first, but I expect the two
        books to be done in time.

        Randy Asplund
        www.RandyAsplund.com

        On Sep 26, 2007, at 8:17 PM, skywindmcm2000 wrote:

        > Hi folks!
        >
        > Wow, it's so nice to finally find a discussion group for miniature
        > books! I am both an 'artist' and a collector and have SO much to
        > learn about these tiny tomes. I'm looking forward to visiting here
        > often :-) I can't go to the MBS Conclave this year because I can't
        > fly. Oh, I know many of you will be there and how I would LOVE to
        > meet you! Wahhhh!
        >
        > I'd welcome your opinions (Ooooo...dare I?) about my books. I
        > especially enjoy preserving old literature in miniature (in adapted
        > form for the most part). Hope you'll have a look at my website and
        > tell me what you think. http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-DHMINIS
        > I started out making miniature books for dollhouses, but have
        > 'expanded' my work into other miniature book arenas. I promise not to
        > cry (too much) if your critique is harsh...I really want to learn!
        >
        > Gratefully,
        >
        > Pat Carlson

        Randy Asplund
        www.RandyAsplund.com
        Maker of Medieval books and
        Illustrator of Science Fiction & Fantasy
        (734) 663-0954
        2101 S. Circle Dr. Ann Arbor, MI 48103