Re: [miniaturebooks] new website page for studio robert wu

  • Randy Asplund
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 24, 2007
      That's really beautiful work Robert. Clean craftsmanship with a good
      design sense. I'd encourage anyone who hasn't looked at the URL to go
      take a look. Thanks for posting.

      Randy Asplund

      On Apr 22, 2007, at 1:59 PM, littlegempress wrote:

      > Dear Miniature book enthusiasts
      >
      > I have just added a new product page to my website at...
      > http://studiorobertwu.com/products/products_001a.html
      >
      > Please feel free to browse through it and any comments/suggestions are
      > welcome....
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Robert Wu, Toronto
      > www.studiorobertwu.com

      Randy Asplund
      www.RandyAsplund.com
      Maker of Medieval books and
      Illustrator of Science Fiction & Fantasy
      (734) 663-0954
      2101 S. Circle Dr. Ann Arbor, MI 48103

    • Edward Hoyenski
      Message 2 of 3 , May 18, 2007
        The May/June 2007 issue of Archaeology has a "blurb" about a miniature book.

        P. 12 "World Roundup"

        A picture of a child's shoe and a miniature book (which I *THINK* is a Bryce Bible).

        Caption:
        "England: at just over an inch wide and half an inch thick, the smallest complete Bible must have been difficult to read, which my explain why it was found stuffed in a child's boot inside a nineteenth-century cottage chimney. The boot and the tiny 1901 bible, called a "thumb Bible" in its time, were likely used for protection against witchcraft".

        It looks like a copy of the Bryce smallest Bible shown on p.77 of Julian & Anne's new book. A very beat-up copy......

        Edward Hoyenski
        Assistant Curator
        Rare Book & Texana Collections
        University of North Texas Libraries