The rump-fracas

  • Dr Paul Devenyi
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22 5:15 PM
      Dear Friends! We are probably running out of gas and are hopefully approaching
      the end of the rump-debate. I must say, that in a way, it was a lot of fun to check
      our e-mail boxes re. the "rump-messages de jour". In the process, we got every-
      thing: anger, ridicule, wit, politics, sermonizing, even historical and scholastic
      lectures. Most participants were sincere believers and articulate spokepersons of
      their own particular points-of-view. Perhaps it is time to remind ourselves that this
      is not about death, disease, disaster, war, poverty etc., but MINIATURE BOOKS,
      for heaven's sake! To be sure, most of us passionately love our hobby, but do we
      have to take ourselves, as an organization, so seriously? At the end of the day,
      the MBS will survive!

      We also should remember that the onelist members who participated in this fracas, comprise only a tiny fraction of the MBS membership and that the majority, who don't have computers or just don't know about the onelist, were deprived of
      this hilarious entertainment. Maybe a volunteer would want to print out all the
      e-mail letters for the Newsletter, to share them with our fellow members.

      Without trying to force closure on anyone,I suggest that we now concentrate on Koblenz or San Fernando or Rutland and most of all, on miniature books.

      With best wishes to all:

      Paul Devenyi