Re: The Rump

  • Em1170@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 19, 1999
      I agree with all the points made by Neale. When I rec'd the
      Broadside/invite early last week, I was puzzled, but couldn't quite
      articulate what was wrong with the idea. Additional point: The financial
      arrangements of this 'Rump" are really an abuse of MBS procedure.
      Most important, however, is Neale's concern that anyone might design
      an alternative conclave willy-nilly, which in turn undermines all efforts of
      hardworking, volunteer, OFFICIAL hosts.
      By the way, there are several other MBS members, not on MBS Onelist
      who object as well.
      It would be more productive if we who take issue with the Rump are not
      dismissed by others who claim this is not divisive, and that we should
      'chill'. Please allow discussion.
      M.P. Adams