2006 Miniature Book Competition Exhibition

  • barbarawilliamson
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2006
      The 2006 Miniature Book Competition Exhibition has been judged by our excellent jurors.
      Three Distinguished Winners have been selected and the catalog is ready for distribution
      at the Miniature Book Society Conclave next weekend, September 8 - 11 in Ann Arbor,
      Michigan. Everyone not attending will be notified as soon as we return from the Conclave.
      This years' winners are a real surprise! This is Ray, Shannon and my last competition as a
      committee and production team. Next year it will be handled by none other than Neale
      Albert and his world class professional team. You are so lucky to have a world class
      collector, photographer and designer handling the 2007 Competition. They will surpass
      what we have done but know that we have LOVED every minute serving today's amazing
      miniature book publishers. We probably made a multitude of mistakes but we made them
      trying so hard to represent your wonderful works of miniature art as best as we knew how.
      We have been so very honored to work for you all. Ray and I will be at the Conclave in Ann
      Arbor and hope to see our dear friends in person. If you haven't signed up yet for the
      Conclave, please contact Twyla Racz asap. The Miniature Book Society is a group of the
      most welcoming, warm and genuinely creative folks you will ever want to meet. If you
      can't come to the Conclave, then just simply join the Society. You will always be glad you
      did. I sure am.

      Barbara Williamson
      Miniature Book Society Competition and Exhibition, Chair
    • Philip Morrison
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 4, 2006
        Barbara...Ray...Shannon... the catalog showing book entries in the
        competition has always been a
        highlight for us. Provided everyone a chance to examine (admire-is the
        better word) entries in close-up detail.
        The catalog photography, layout and descriptions were always top-notch
        and reflected the care, time
        and skill you-all devoted to the job. We join MBS Members in
        acknowledging and thanking you...

        Phil & Anna Morrison