MBS Conclave XXIV

  • twylaracz
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2006
      In less than a month it will be Conclave time. I hope the latest
      terrorist threat will not keep anyone from attending. So far our
      overseas visitors have told me they are coming.

      Joan and I are working hard to make this a successful and enjoyable
      event. Granted Ann Arbor is not Bath or San Francisco or Toronto but
      it does have some charms of its own which I think you will discover.

      One change: The miniature book vendors will not be housed
      in a separate tent as originally planned but will be housed together
      in the regular area. Hopefully this will increase traffic even more.

      Yesterday Joan and I put up a display of miniature books for children
      at the Ann Arbor Public Library. The books are from Joan's, Susan
      Dawson Smith's and my collections. It was getting lots of attention
      as we worked. Tomorrow I should be setting up a display at Halle
      Library, Eastern Michigan University.

      We will have some members from the Detroit Book Club, the Clements
      Library, the Bentley Historical Library, and the Kerrytown BookFest
      Board at various Conclave events.

      If you have not notified Joan of your intent to attend her open house
      and plan to do so, please send me an e-mail: tracz@.... We would
      hate not to have enough food!

      Listed below are the those who have registered since the last
      communication.

      Patrice Baldwin
      Nancy and William Bivona
      Bob Bradbury