Conclave XXIV Sat., Sun., and Mon. events

  • twylaracz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18 1:23 PM
      Saturday is fun filled...We start with a brief General Meeting followed
      by a tour of the UofM campus stopping at the Harlan Hatcher Graduate
      Library Special Collections Room to see our traveling exhibit display,
      restored and in good shape. Right out the back door is the famous
      Clements Library of Americana...for our lunch and a special
      presentation by medieval artist Randy Asplund on his making of the
      specially commissioned JEANNE d'ARC from SCRATCH...with medieval
      materials! At night we return to the hotel where we will Silent
      Auction, Live Auction and SWAP!

      Sunday will be a totally new experience for us. The Kerrytown
      BookFest! We have our own special tent...plus several members have
      agreed to participate in presentations at the Kerrytown Concert House,
      plus there are over 120 other book displays, demonstrations,
      letterpressing, conservation, and preservation, artisans, bookbinders,
      libraries, dealers all in Ann Arbor's Farmers' Market. After all that
      excitement we will end the day with a gala back at the hotel...the
      Awards Banquet, with special speakers Beth and Joe Fitzsimmons. Beth
      has an ABC book collection. (She is also Chairwoman of the President's
      Library Commission.) And her husband Joe has an Antartic Collection
      and is past president of University Microfilms.

      Monday we will go to see the Henry Ford Complex of Museums. Sign up now.

      So, plan to be here! Meet new friends, see old ones... and if you come
      in early, Wednesday or sooner, Joan plans to make some visits to
      several bookstores...then Thursday evening, please be her guest at the
      Library Bed and Breakfast for cocktails, munchies, and then on to the
      Gandy Dancer Restaurant (your expense) for a look at the other side of
      the tracks! (It's an old railroad station.)

      Look who else is coming. Won't you please join them? Joan and I hope
      you accept our invitation to Tree Town, USA. Twyla

      Kim Batcheller
      Stephen Byrne
      Mary, Paul, and Tom Devenyi
      Edward Hoyenski