Conclave XXIV

  • twylaracz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2006
      Dear MBS Members and Friends,

      We are just THREE MONTHS away from seeing you at the Miniature Book
      Society Conclave XXIV! We are very excited about this event and we
      intend to make this trip a sensational event!

      Everything is going along...details, details, details...Those of you
      who have planned conclaves before know the hard work that goes into
      it. (Are the violins playing yet?)... But we intend to make this as
      much fun as possible. How can you not have fun in this town? We are
      loaded with bookstores (Border's headquarter store is here) and there
      are many famous eateries. We hope to have the famous Zingerman's
      Deli cater the food at the Clements Library for our Tailgate Party on
      Saturday. (You might want to wear the maize and blue of U of M or
      the maroon and gold of our football opponent Central Michigan
      University.)

      The Book Club of Detroit will welcome you along with the board of the
      Kerrytown BookFest. The Ford Library will be a quick stop on Friday
      on our way into Detroit to visit the first automotive assembly line
      at the Ford Piquette Plant. A special highlight is a show by the
      automobile buffs. Then on to dinner at the Detroit Institute of Arts
      with a classical venue and lots to see.

      Saturday, Sunday, and Monday to be continued.

      So far the following are registered.

      Maryline Adams Kathy King
      Neal and Margaret Albert Joan Knoertzer
      Jan Becker Caroline Lindemann
      Mariana Blau Bob and Eloise Massmann
      Joan Boring Karen Nyman
      Karen Ganske Jerry and Doris Selmer
      Michael and Jeanne Garbett Susan Dawson Smith
      Janet King Msgr. Francis Weber

      Won't you please join them?

      Written by Joan Knoertzer
      Typed by Twyla Racz (so any errors are mine alone)