Board Materials for Miniature books

  • John G. Henry
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 28, 2006
      Just to get soime discussion going, I thought I'd inquire and see if
      people would comment on what they use as a binding board material for
      miniature books that would have the proper caliper and not be too
      heavy. I've found most binders boards too heavy for this use, and have
      used mat board (museum grade mounting baord) for the books I have
      bound. Am I missing the boat on some good materials out there?

      John G. Henry
      Cedar Creek Press
    • bj berrykeeper
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 29, 2006
        I'm not good at making miniature books. I sure would love to learn that though. The closest that I've come to making my own miniature books is a one day workshop on making regular sized journals. I do have a wonderful manuscript that I would like to have made into a miniature book someday. Do you know someone who would bind miniature books inexpensively (trying to keep the cost down for resale purposes). bj

        "John G. Henry" <cedarcreek@...> wrote: Just to get soime discussion going, I thought I'd inquire and see if
        people would comment on what they use as a binding board material for
        miniature books that would have the proper caliper and not be too
        heavy. I've found most binders boards too heavy for this use, and have
        used mat board (museum grade mounting baord) for the books I have
        bound. Am I missing the boat on some good materials out there?

        John G. Henry
        Cedar Creek Press

        "A person should think with his heart". Sun Bear 1890

      • bj berrykeeper