Re: rump?

  • LFarmPress@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 18, 1999
      I vote for regional meetings where there are enough members and enough
      interest, but only ONE Conclave.

      Jane Conneen
      The Little Farm Press
    • Rebecca Bingham
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 18, 1999
        Hi everyone,
        I agree with both Neale and Jane. The idea of regional meetings that give
        members additional opportunities to share experiences is very nice,
        especially for those who have difficulty traveling to the main Conclave for
        various reasons. A regional meeting can't really take the place of a
        Conclave because a Conclave brings together MBS members from around the
        world -- an incredible experience.

        Maybe it's a question of timing, as well as naming. Regional meetings can
        be held any time, but to hold one concurrently with the main Conclave can
        make it take on a stature probably not intended by the regional members.

        Neale makes a valid point that this probably should be addressed in the
        by-laws, now that the subject has come up.

        Rebecca Bingham
        Rebecca Press