Re: [miniaturebooks] Knickerbocker Shakespeares

  • bj berrykeeper
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2006
      I've always wondered about that myself. They were most likely printed around 1900 - 1950. The University of Iowa (holds the Charlotte M. Smith Collection of Miniature Books) thinks the ones that they have are from 1925. I don't know what they base that on though. I've tried to find out about the Knickerbocker Leather and Novelty Company of New York, New York before, and my information is sketchy at best. The building that Knickerbocker used to be in, is now an apartment building. If a person wanted to, they could contact the Amherst, New York, City Hall and find out when Knickerbocker was in business, and that would give a clue to when the books were printed, and where to look for more information. Someday I'll do that. If you do, please let me know, because I'm interested too. Good luck, bj

      A photo of the Knickerbocker building as it stands today can be seen at http://www.cra.org/Activities/craw/dmp/awards/2002/hauman/pictures/amherstPics.html

      Neale M Albert <nalbert@...> wrote:
      Can anyone tell me the year (or years) when the Knickerbocker series of
      Shakespeare volumes was published?

      Neale Albert

      -----------------------------
      IRS Circular 230 disclosure:
      that any
      attachments)
      of (i) avoiding
      recommending

      (212) 373-3341 (Phone) | (212) 492-0341 (Fax)
      www.paulweiss.com

      This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message and its attachments and notify us immediately.

      Writing book Writing a book Writing child book Book writing software Writing a book report Business writing book

      "A person should think with his heart". Sun Bear 1890