632Conclave XXI

  • Paul Devenyi
    Jul 2, 2003
      Thanks to all of you who responded to my message a few days ago and expressed support for Conclave XXI and indicated your intention to attend. For those fainthearted - who were not comforted by personal reassurances - please take notice that as of today the World Health Organization OFFICIALLY declared that the SARS outbreak in Toronto is over. I suspect that your media are not as eager to report this news as they were when SARS cases occurred.

      I have a delightful surprise announcement to make. Today I received registration from Glen Dawson and his daughter Susan! It is wonderful that after the loss of his beloved wife Mary Helen, Glen is ready to return to the MBS and conclave circuit. Most of you know, of course, that Glen Dawson is an extraordinary bookseller, collector, publisher and scholar of miniature books. And a delightful person as well! Glen's presence will make Conclave XXI special indeed!

      Paul Devenyi