520Seeking help with ex libri

  • Edward Hoyenski
    Jun 5, 2002
      The Rare Book Room at the University of North Texas is organizing an exhibition of its collection of miniature books, to open in September.

      One of the segments of the display will be on ex libri - bookplates, stamps, etc. We have a number of volumes with bookplates and stamps from a various collectors, but are looking for information on modern users of bookplates and stamps.

      Would anyone who uses bookplates or stamps to mark their miniature books be willing to donate a specimen of their bookplate or an impression of their stamp to include in the display? We won't put address or locations on the labels, but would like to show that bookplates are still being used.

      Thank you for any assistance.

      Edward Hoyenski
      Assistant Curator,
      Rare Books and Texana Collections,