233Congratulations to Jarmila Sobota

  • David J. Lawrence
    Apr 2, 2000
      (Passing along this message about our colleague.)

      A happy discovery! Opening the latest issue of "Art & Metiers du Livre," Jarmila Sobota's
      superb binding of "Cyrano de Bergerac" is prominently illustrated, along with an extensive
      report on the 5th International Biennial for Artistic Bookbinding. There is also a photo
      of the delighted Jarmila receiving her honor -- First Place for Book Object.

      Hearty, if belated, applause for our colleague, Jarmila! It was a delight to see her
      receive this well deserved honor and the accompanying coverage of the
      competition/exhibition. --P.M.Gourley

      To order Jarmila & Jan's latest miniature edition, TEN COMMANDMENTS, see:
      http://www.dhc.net/~lawrence/Sobotas/

      --
      Unlike a skiving knife, Ockham's Razor is a two-edged blade.©
      David J. Lawrence