1726new mini book from Barbara b

  • Barbara Brear
    Jul 23, 2013
      Hullo there
      Barbara Brear from South Africa here.  I am pleased to let you know that I have just published a new mini book.  It is called Carpet Jewels and it is a book on Persian carpets.

      It is printed on a creamy white paper and printed with a maroon font - clearly legible.  As with all my books they are printed by a professional printer on a Nexus digital printer.  The left side page has an illustration of a carpet and the right has the description, provenance and some history.

      The covers are deep blue leather with gold foil tooling on the spine and the cover.  End papers are a deep red.

      It is dollshouse one twelfth scale (dimensions on my web page).  The book is 30 US dollars plus 6 postage and I accept PayPal.

      This is the first book where I have done the desktop publishing myself - I have been learning Photoshop and InDesign.  Very happy with myself on that count.

      I have been doing full sized bookbinding again and found that my mini books have benefitted from new knowledge gained in that field -mainly with regards to the spine treatment before casing in.  There is a link on my web site to that business if you are interested.

      You are invited to visit my web site where you will see pictures of it on the first page.  As always, entries in my Guestbook are appreciated.
      Best wishes to all
      Barbara Brear
      http://www.bbminiatures.homestead.com/