12702008 MBS Competition

    Jan 31, 2008
      To all miniature book publishers and artists --

      This is a reminder that its time to think about entering the 2008
      Miniature Book Society Competition.

      For information and an entry form go to www.mbs.org. You don't have to be
      a member of the Society to enter.

      There is one significant change in the Competition this year.

      In the past only editioned miniature books could be entered in the
      Competition.

      This year, for the first time, one of a kind "artist's books" can also be
      entered. They won't qualify for a Distinguished Book Award. But they will
      be included in the catalog and in the year-long exhibition. This is
      intended to bring this category of original work to the attention of the
      MBS membership.

      We hope that we will receive several books in this category. The first
      has already been received, "Crystals", by George Kirkpatrick. George is
      primarily know as a designer binder. He made several of the bindings which
      were included in my Grolier exhibition of designer bound miniature books
      (which exhibition will travel to England this Summer, to the John Rylands
      Library). But for this miniature book he did it all -- designer, printer
      and binder.

      If you have any questions at all about the 2008 Competition please
      addrtess them to me.

      Neale M. Albert
      Chair, MBS Competition Committee

      notify us immediately.