1085Re: MBS Grand Conclave and the Fairy Doors of Ann Arbor Michigan

  • Philip Morrison
    Sep 4 12:10 PM
      Barbara...Those Fairy Doors while intriguing, are not the primary
      reason I'm looking forward to Conclave:

      If the quarter I flipped in 1946 had landed the other way, I just
      might be calling the University of Michigan
      my Alma Mater...
      Just discharged from the Navy in late July that year, my best buddy
      and I decided to contact a number
      of colleges for admission. Why wait, we thought. Two Universities did
      accept us. And we finally decided to attend LSU
      in Baton Rouge, Louisiana Instead of going to Ann Arbor. (Later,
      graduated from U.C. , Berkeley.)
      Now 60 years later, I finally get to visit the University I didn't
      attend...and ponder the question:
      Did we make the right decision?
      Phil Morrison