Re: [minciu_sodas_en] Re: Call for ideas for making sense of transit system performance

  • David Ellison-bey
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 16, 2003
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Natalie d'Arbeloff" <augustine@...>
      To: <minciu_sodas_en@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 10:37 AM
      Subject: Re: [minciu_sodas_en] Re: Call for ideas for making sense of

      http://www.primarilypublicdomain.org/letter/
      > Please credit our authors!

      >Andrius,
      Natalie, You expressed my feelings, so well, I am writing this off the top
      of my head. The reason I am concerned about the caste system coming from
      slavery in the USA, is because it blocks some people from seeking solutions
      to the problems we all have in common. I use to not give advice, but I fine
      my self now telling people to pay their bills and my their own business, in
      the hope that if they do that, they will be able to free up space in their
      minds to apply to other things, such as being active on a board of
      directors, where all such problems can be recorded and committees formed to
      explore them for solutions. I was always toll that the white man wouldn't
      let you do this or that by my associates, even though no white man was in
      our present, yet he, or the idea of him dominated, and made my efforts
      fruitless, even though what I was proposing was legitimate, I don't hear
      that much today. All of us are under some pressure today, just by living in
      this modern society, no matter where we are, I know nothing of the people
      around me, I know we all would like to belong with caring, concerned human
      beings, that we would like to know personally, I have over 1200 e-mail I
      haven't read, mostly because I have other things to do and be interested in.
      We are not going to solve all the problems, but to have an outlook that
      inspire others to use their minds is a gould to work on , and to be content
      that we do our best where we are at. Best wishes,
      Bro.D.Ellison-Bey, Peace.
    • Prem Chandavarkar
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 22, 2003
        On such matters I have always found the following quotation from Mother Teresa
        very useful:

        "On cannot do great things, one can only do small things with great love"

        Regards,
        Prem

        On Thu July 17 2003 11:02, David Ellison-bey wrote:
> [...]

        PREM CHANDAVARKAR
        Chandavarkar & Thacker Architects Pvt. Ltd.
        7 Palace Cross Road, Bangalore – 560 020, India
        Tel: 91(80) 334-2101 / 334-1002 / 334-6005
        Fax: 91(80) 344-2044
        Mobile: +91-98452-12022
        Email: prem@...
      • Natalie d'Arbeloff
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 28, 2003
          Thanks Prem, for this wonderful quote. I will quote it again on my blog
          page.

          And thanks too, David Ellison Bey, for your thoughtful message.

          And Andrius too, of course, for generously remembering me always.

          All my best to you all,