Re: Exhibition "May I Dream?"

  • Andrius Kulikauskas
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2009
      Hi Didzis,

      On Monday, November 30, we had the opening of the exhibit "May I Dream?"
      which I was organizing at the Gedimino 9 shopping center's fourth floor
      "incubator" in Vilnius, Lithuania. Here are the pictures:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/50525222@N00/
      and the video (in Lithuanian):
      http://www.internetinetv.lt/?View=PostCollection/ViewPost&id=146
      I was collecting people's dreams-in-life and we were expressing them
      with the arts and then hoping to integrate them.

      I had gotten permission to display them on the glass rails as you see,
      but soon after the administration required that I take it all down. And
      I spoke a few days with the owner from Ireland/England and he felt that
      I insulted him. He demanded that the incubator get rid of me or they
      would shut down the whole incubator. So I went back to the countryside.

      I was looking forward to your coming so I'm sad it worked out this way.
      But I hope to continue this exhibit elsewhere, for example, the Uzhupis
      gallery Galera http://www.umi.lt will let me do a show there for three
      weeks in May 2010.

      This Thursday, December 10 we're planning to do an "ideju talka" at the
      incubator (or elsewhere) in Lithuanian, much like Marcis Rubenis
      explained that they do in Latvia.

      Andrius

      Andrius Kulikauskas
      Minciu Sodas