Dance Challenge - October 4th

  • spado4rls
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2008
      Hi Everyone -

      John from the King Comets (stand-up bass) has formed a new group,
      Honkytonkitis. Yup, honky tonk. I've seen the band play a few times
      and the last time other dancers, quite by chance, showed up, too.
      Lots of the songs are danceable and the band got a kick out of us.

      When: Saturday, October 4th 9 PM - Midnite

      Surprise: 2nd band - the Cathouse Drifters (a western swing band)

      Where: Kochanski's Concertina Beer Hall on 37th Street, just south of
      Burnham.

      Cover: unsure - John mentioned there might be one but didn't know how
      much

      Floor: linoleum, not too bad, just hard on the knees as usual. I was
      wearing street shoes and didn't seem to have a problem with spinning
      (or was that the alcohol?).

      So mark it on your calendar and I hope to sea some of you there!
      Lynn