Re: Ger synagogue records

  • Botwinick@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 1999
      from Hannover Germany to Charleston SC. He arrived between 1850 and
      1860. My grandmother ... told me he was Jewish. I would like to try and learn
      more about him ... How can I go about this? Would there be church records?

      ooooooooo reply separator oooooooooooo

      I found a vital records film covering 17xx to 18xxx covering the STERN family
      in the Jewish population of Koningsberg Prussia in the collection of church of
      Latter Day Saints. They have an extensive collection of German Jewish vital
      records.

      Milton E. Botwinick [professional genealogist] POB 13464
      Philadelphia, PA 19101-3464 botwinick@...
      http://members.aol.com/botwinick