Mueller linkage

  • James M. Amodeo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2009
      Hello,

      I am Marilyn Amodeo and I just joined the group. DNA testing has
      identified my grandfather, Wilhelm Friedrich Mueller, as having a
      German Jewish ancestry connection. I am research this genealogy line
      and so far I know the folowing: b1853, Ebersdorf,GE; d1907, Jersey
      City,NJ. Emigrated through Ellis Island in 1887.

    • BMorgenste@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2009
        Marilyn,

        My name is Barbara Morgenstern and I am not so sure I will be able to help
        you. My Miller is Louis Miller, my husband's maternal grandfather and the
        family story is that he left Russia because he did not want to serve in the
        military. I have not been able to determine where in Russia he is from. He also
        did not come directly to the United States but through Palestine and Miller
        is an assumed name.

        I am hoping that I will be able to make it to the New York City Municipal
        Archives in the next couple of weeks and get a copy of his marriage certificate
        and may know more then.

        I am not even sure he became a citizen, so I am not even sure about
        naturalization papers.

        I am sorry that I can't really help you.

        Barbara