Muller from Holland-Germany

  • Micha Reisel
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6 2:37 PM
      Dear List,

      I am the newest member.
      My name is Micha Reisel, I live in Hod Hasharon, Israel
      since 1998, before that 27 years in Oslo, Norway and
      before that I was Dutch.

      I have been researching my Lithuanian Jewish roots
      for 20 years but haven't done too much
      on my Dutch/German Jewish roots.

      My maternal gggggf was born in Hanau in Germany in 1720
      He came to Holland to Diepenheim as Andries Liefmann
      and in 1811 added the surname MULLER.
      He died in Diepenheim in 1820.
      Family lore says that he owned a mill and therefore
      called himself Muller, which sounds plausible.
      There are no records in Diepenheim that he ever owned
      a mill, and a Miller in Dutch is 'molenaar' not muller.

      Anything of this rings any bells with anybody?

      thanks and take care
      Micha Reisel

      Vice President of JFRA-Israel
      (the Jewish Family Research Association of Israel).
      Researching MULLER from Hanau Germany