Re: [miller] Miller = Milschpeis? Lodz or Radoszyce

  • edwardmeltzer
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 12, 2003
      Dear Judy: Were any of your family from the town of Radocyze, near
      Lodz? That would be one link. The other link would be if there was
      a connection to that yiddish last name of Milschpeis. Do you know
      when your millers came to America and if they came through Ellis
      Island?
      Ed

      --- In miller-name-jewish@yahoogroups.com, fmlyhx@a... wrote:
      > Dear Ed,
      >
      > We could very well be related. But I know little of Louis Miller
      that I
      > could not say. It was very likely that Louis was the immigrant.
      All I know is
      > that he is likely to have lived in NYC and Philadelphia, possibly
      also in
      > Baltimore. He beat my greatt grandmother to the extent that my
      grandfatther hit him
      > over the head with a wine bottle and kicked him out. Do your
      Millers have