jewish

  • botwinick@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2002
      In a message dated 11 16 2002 9:02:39 PM, sturner@... writes:

      >Hi, I've read that Miller is the 3rd most common Jewish
      >surname in the US, but I've also read that Jews and Non-Jews
      >can share this name. Miller is my GreatGrandmother's maiden
      >name; she is from Michigan. How do I determine if it is a
      >Jewish name in this case? Thank you. Reply to
      >sturner@...

      00000000

      Some determinants are:
      Burial in a jewish cemetery
      The words Hebrew or Yiddish on the passenger list.
      Hebrew or Yiddish names on the census/naturalization.
      Jewish tradition in the family.

      Milton E. Botwinick [professional genealogist]
      miltone@... Philadelphia, PA
      http://hometown.aol.com/botwinick/myhomepage/index.html