Looking for contributors

  • semperpius
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2003
      Fellow defenders of liberty,

      My name is Ty Pollak and I've started a free website to help spread
      the message of liberty, responsibility, and reason. Perhaps like
      you, I became frustrated ranting at the TV and my family and needed
      an outlet for fighting back against the Age of Unreason. Please
      take a few seconds and read about my site. If interested, check it
      out because we're looking for intelligent folks with passion and
      ideas to become regular contributors... a grassroots Weekly
      Standard, you might say. Thank you!

      About Semper Pius News (SPN) http://www.semperpius.com :

      We're committed to pulling the curtain off the irrationality and
      hypocrisy of the Age of Unreason. Our website serves to get the word
      out and wake up Americans before our civil liberties and economic
      freedoms are destroyed. We believe ...

      -- Pandering and class warfare instigated by liberal and
      conservative demagogues goes unchecked by the mainstream media.
      -- Overpaid pundits on radio and television are more concerned with
      advancing their agenda than analyzing the real issues facing our
      democracy.
      -- The mainstream media overtly attempts to appeal to emotion versus
      reason.
      -- Political correctness will take us down the road to
      the 'thoughtcrimes' of Orwell's 1984.
      -- The "left" and the "right" are more concerned about winning
      elections than promoting personal liberty and economic freedom.
      -- Men should live like men, not as helpless wards of the state.
      -- Government programs with decades of failure should be called just
      that: failures.
      -- Rush Limbaugh is not always right.
      -- O'Reilly should worry more about the destruction of the Bill of
      Rights and less about beer ads.
      -- A free country has no need for state-sponsored programming like
      NPR (American Pravda).
      -- Parents should raise their children, not rely on the government
      and Hollywood.
      -- In a democracy, an uninformed public is a dangerous weapon in the
      hands of politicians.
      -- If we sit by and do nothing, the looters and intellectually
      bankrupt will bleed this country dry.

      We need your help! We want YOU to speak out! -- and we're giving
      you the means to be heard! We encourage you to stop screaming "Stop
      the insanity!" at your TV. We are soliciting your satire, opinions,
      poetry, funny photos, and political cartoons -- showing what's
      really happening in today's Age of Unreason. You can become a
      regular contributor by checking out our submission information.
      Also, tell your friends about us. We need your help to get the
      momentum going.

      We're ad-free! We do not use ads or pop-ups. The links shown on
      our website do not represent sponsors but are our recommendations to
      help you get involved.
    • Brian <holy_instant@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2003
        Hi Ty! Let's look at the other side of the picture. Liberty is
        winning and cannot not win. But the night does get darker before the
        light dawns. We've already been through the worse darkness, so there
        is reason to rejoice. Let's stay positive, loving, and respectful as
        we finish this thing off. Success is assured.

        --- In millenniumlibertarians@yahoogroups.com, semperpius

      • semperpius
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2003
          Couldn't agree more. But success won't happen on its own, just like
          it didn't just happen in 1775.
        • hagbard2 <robertdrake@shaw.ca>
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 8, 2003
            I just looked at your webpage. Looks like you took a wrong turn at
            Albuquerque. The people here are largely libertarians opposed to
            war.