Malcolm: I would like to suggest a refinement to your comment about friction. Friction is roughly proportional to the pressure, so it is true that if you aresvsequoia_pdx
CWW, When first cast, I can barely get the nut off using a big wrench. So at that point, there is both zero backlash and plenty of compression from thergsparber
The tape thing sounds like where your backlash is coming from. IIRC, I simply smoked the leadscrew before forming. 2or 3 layers of teflon tape sounds likecurt.wuollet
- Jan 4, 2001
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.