Re: RF-45 with Power down feed question.

  • accuratemike
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2004
      I think I get 4+" of travel with either the power downfeed or the fine
      feed wheel. You get 5" of travel out of the big crank. You can feed
      using the power/fine 4" from anywhere in the 5" travel by setting the
      stop behind the big crank. (IE the first 4", last 4" or any 4"
      between)To use all 5", you have to unlock the dial. It has to do with
      the 4" markings on the dial. My only gripe is that is power down only.
      Get to the bottom and you have to back off the boring bar to bring it
      up without making a helix. The BP goes up & down. And yes, the handles
      do foul my vise occasionally. I think they do come out by removing the
      knurled pin. I don't know how this would effect the lock mechanism.
      Probably one at a time is "OK". I e-mailed Taiwan for a motor wiring
      diagram and got an answer in 24hrs. There was a link from the Rong Fu
      site (rongfu.com). MIKE

      --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "fc911c" <FC911C@E...> wrote:
      > Are there any RF-45 with the power down feed owners out there?
      > I would like to how far down your quill will go to the table. Mine
      > stops at 4.5". It seams like it doesnt go as far down as the RF-45
      > without powerfeed I just sent back.
      >
      > I really didnt want the power feed but thats all they had left. At
      > least everything seams to be ok with this one. I did noticed the
      > slots in the table where not machined straight. They have a few
      > steps in them. The top is within .0005 which is nice.
      >
      > One thing I dont like about the the down feed is the drill press
      > handles.They cant be removed and look like the might get in the
      > way.Does any one know if something can be done with them.
      >
      > Has anyone had or knows how the contact Tech support for Rong Fu?
      >
      > Thanks
      > Frank
    • fc911c
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2004
        Hi Mike

        Could you tell me when the head is cranked all the way down and the
        quill is all the way up, how far is the quill tip to the table. Mine
        is about 4.5" which seams high to me.

        Thanks
        Frank

        --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "accuratemike" <mike@a...> wrote:
        > I think I get 4+" of travel with either the power downfeed or the
        fine
        > feed wheel. You get 5" of travel out of the big crank. You can feed
        > using the power/fine 4" from anywhere in the 5" travel by setting
        the
        > stop behind the big crank. (IE the first 4", last 4" or any 4"
        > between)To use all 5", you have to unlock the dial. It has to do
        with
        > the 4" markings on the dial. My only gripe is that is power down
        only.
        > Get to the bottom and you have to back off the boring bar to bring
        it
        > up without making a helix. The BP goes up & down. And yes, the
        handles
        > do foul my vise occasionally. I think they do come out by removing
        the
        > knurled pin. I don't know how this would effect the lock mechanism.
        > Probably one at a time is "OK". I e-mailed Taiwan for a motor
        wiring
        > diagram and got an answer in 24hrs. There was a link from the Rong
        Fu
        > site (rongfu.com). MIKE
        >
        > --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "fc911c" <FC911C@E...> wrote:
        > > Are there any RF-45 with the power down feed owners out there?
        > > I would like to how far down your quill will go to the table.
        Mine
        > > stops at 4.5". It seams like it doesnt go as far down as the RF-
        45
        > > without powerfeed I just sent back.
        > >
        > > I really didnt want the power feed but thats all they had left.
        At
        > > least everything seams to be ok with this one. I did noticed the
        > > slots in the table where not machined straight. They have a few
        > > steps in them. The top is within .0005 which is nice.
        > >
        > > One thing I dont like about the the down feed is the drill press
        > > handles.They cant be removed and look like the might get in the
        > > way.Does any one know if something can be done with them.
        > >
        > > Has anyone had or knows how the contact Tech support for Rong Fu?
        > >
        > > Thanks
        > > Frank
      • accuratemike
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2004
          Frank,
          4 1/2". It is enough that you can run the quill into the table. I
          think I saw that some machines can't. MIKE