HELP! I need help with an ENCO ZX7045

  • Bill Alm
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 16, 2004
      I just got my new ZX7045 mill and got it into place. I had to
      remove the table to get it through the door. Now I can't get the
      screw to catch on the rod to reinstall it. When I turn the hadle it
      doesn't want to catch the threads. Am I doing something wrong?
      Shouldn't it just thread back in. I had removed it from the right
      side if that matters. I pushed against the table while turning the
      handwheel but it doesn't bite. I'm afraid of stripping it if I push
      too hard. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance. Bill Alm
    • Marv De Beque
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 16, 2004
        If this is really the problem, you need not reply, but are you sure you are
        rotating the screw in the correct direction?

        Marv

        On 4/16/04 8:02 PM, "Bill Alm" <Harley243ba@...> wrote:

        > I just got my new ZX7045 mill and got it into place. I had to
        > remove the table to get it through the door. Now I can't get the
        > screw to catch on the rod to reinstall it. When I turn the hadle it
        > doesn't want to catch the threads. Am I doing something wrong?
        > Shouldn't it just thread back in. I had removed it from the right
        > side if that matters. I pushed against the table while turning the
        > handwheel but it doesn't bite. I'm afraid of stripping it if I push
        > too hard. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance. Bill Alm
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Bill Alm
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 17, 2004
          --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Marv De Beque <marvsemail@w...>
          wrote:
          > If this is really the problem, you need not reply, but are you sure
          you are
          > rotating the screw in the correct direction?
          >
          > Marv

          Marv, Thanks for the reply. I was turning it in the right
          direction, but I ended up taking the screwrod off both sides of the
          table so I could move it around alittle more and managed to get it
          started. It works great now. I the mill alittle last night and it
          works great. Bill Alm
        • Marv De Beque
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 17, 2004
            Excellent!

          • ppump11578@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 18, 2004
              Just a thought is your screw thread left handed?
              regards
              pp