Re: More Milling Vise Questions

  • mycomminc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 31, 2001
      --- In mill_drill@y..., tew138@e... wrote:
      > More questions on milling vises
      >Do you guys know any good sources in So. CA?
      >Thanks, Tom

      I bought a used kurt 5" from Rowe Machinery in CA for $225 and less
      than $20 shipping to OR. They had 1 more.

      Rick
    • tew138@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
        No J&L in CA. The closest are in OR and TX. They must use the same
        trucking Co as JTS. They also quoted $60 for shipping. It's
        interesting that there is a large $$ increase for shipping between a
        5" and 6" vise. From Grizzly, the shipping is around $10 for the 5"
        (~70#) but, it's $50 for the 6" (~95#).

        Thanks,
        Tom

      • tew138@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
          Hi Rick:
          I searched the archives and on Yahoo, but could not find Rowe
          Machinery. Where are they located? Link or phone # would be great.

          Thanks,
          Tom
          --- In mill_drill@y..., mycomminc@a... wrote:
          > --- In mill_drill@y..., tew138@e... wrote:
          > > More questions on milling vises
          > >Do you guys know any good sources in So. CA?
          > >Thanks, Tom
          >

          > I bought a used kurt 5" from Rowe Machinery in CA for $225 and less
          > than $20 shipping to OR. They had 1 more.
          >
          > Rick
        • Chris Difani
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
            KBCTools has warehouses in both southern CA and in San Jose, CA. They have good prices on most of their things, especially if you can find it in their monthly flier.

            and it is www.kbctools.com/US/home.cfm  for the US version of their web site.

            Hope that this helps,

            Chris

            Sacramento, CA
            Between San Francisco and Lake Tahoe in Northern California

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
              --- In mill_drill@y..., tew138@e... wrote:
              > Hi Rick:
              > I searched the archives and on Yahoo, but could not find Rowe
              > Machinery. Where are they located? Link or phone # would be great.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Tom

              http://www.rowe-machinery.com/

              Rick
            • philteague@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 2, 2001
                You know that you can buy this 6 inch vise,
                http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=44983
                from HF for $99.99 plus $5.00 shipping. It doesn't have a swivel base
                but some people don't like them anyway.

                --- In mill_drill@y..., tew138@e... wrote:
                > More questions on milling vises. For the same price as their
                > Kurt-style vise (item 1655731827), JTS sells on ebay a "CNC" milling
                > vise that (they say) can be mounted vertically (item 1655732152).
                Is
                > this a useful feature? Does anyone own one of these? How would you
                > mount it vertically to a table? Also it has become apparent that
                > shipping costs are a major factor in buying these vises. JTS is
                > quoting $60 for the Kurt-style and $50 for the "CNC" Do you guys
                > know
                > any good sources in So. CA?
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Tom
              • Corey
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 2, 2001
                  You can then pick up a swivel base for a 6" vise for
                  about $20 on Ebay.

                  cheers,
                  --- philteague@... wrote:
                  > You know that you can buy this 6 inch vise,

                  http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=44983
                  > from HF for $99.99 plus $5.00 shipping. It doesn't
                  > have a swivel base
                  > but some people don't like them anyway.

                  Find a job, post your resume.
                  http://careers.yahoo.com