Tramming/shimming head

  • Paul Huffman
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2004
      I finally got around to tramming the head on my HF 33686, and had
      to put about .020 shim on one side to get to within about .004 from
      side to side. Not done tweeking yet, just wondering if that is fairly
      normal or not. I'm sweeping about a 6" arc.
      Paul in OKC
    • rgsparber@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2004
        Are you using a torque wrench to set all bolts to the same torque? It makes a difference. I have a RF30 and had to shim about 20 thou but my head is within 0.5 thou of true.

        Rick Sparber

        rgsparber@...

        My Web Site:
        rgsparber.fifthprime.com