Re: Z-Axis Counter Weight

  • industrialhobbies
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 29, 2004
      Beautiful job.

      Thanks
      Aaron Moss
      www.IndustrialHobbies.com

      --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "kmslinda" <gerry@z...> wrote:
      > I just completed my Z-Axis Counter Weight
      > on my Wholesale Tool ZX-7045 (RF 45 Clone).
      > The head now moves up & down very smoothly.
      >
      > I posted some photos in the WT-ZX7045 album.
      >
      > Gerry
    • Rupert N. Evans
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
        Is the counterweight concrete in a wastepaper basket? If so, what is
        the size of the basket?
        Beautiful job.
        Rupert

        --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "kmslinda" <gerry@z...> wrote:
        > I just completed my Z-Axis Counter Weight
        > on my Wholesale Tool ZX-7045 (RF 45 Clone).
        > The head now moves up & down very smoothly.
        >
        > I posted some photos in the WT-ZX7045 album.
        >
        > Gerry
      • kmslinda
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
          --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "Rupert N. Evans" <r-evans4@u...>
          wrote:
          > Is the counterweight concrete in a wastepaper basket? If so, what
          is
          > the size of the basket?
          > Beautiful job.
          > Rupert

          The plastic box is a Pro Plan plastic cat food container filled
          with Quickete (about 1 & 1/2 80# bags). The weight is 120#. The
          size of the container is 11 x 9 x 14 deep. The 5/16 eye bolts
          are threaded into a 1/2 dia rod that goes thru the box. I installed
          two 5/16 long nuts on the bottom of the eye bolts and extended
          the threaded rod thru the bottom of the box. This held the
          hardware in place while pouring the Quickete. I can also add
          more weight if necessary to the bottom of the container. The
          cables and pulleys are garage door parts from Home Depot. The
          whole thing cost under 20 bucks minus the aluminum.

          Gerry