Re: [mill_drill] bench mill drill?

  • Bruce Simpson
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 6, 2001
      On 7 Oct 01, at 4:19, rontollison@... wrote:

      > I need a mill drill and I have been looking at all of them and need
      > some advice.

      I have a geniune RF and it was fine and dandy right out of the crate.

      Although RF has a better reputation, I don't think I've seen anyone
      whose bought a clone complaining about it.

      Freight costs are probably going to be a big factor in the total price
      so that might be the determining factor if price is important.

      It pays to check out the "fine details" associated with each supplier's
      offering. Not all RF30/31 and clones are identical. Some appear to
      have slightly different table sizes, some have reversing switches, and
      there are some other differences from one to another.

      Also check that the units being offered have an R8 spindle if that's
      important to you -- the RF30/31 is also available with an MT3 spindle
      that is perhaps more suited to European users or those with MT3
      legacy tooling they want to use.
    • ballendo@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 13, 2001
        Welcome Ron,

        Have you read the previous posts online at the group website? Your question is a "recurring theme" in the group and you will find many of us have already put our thoughts down for the benefit of the list.

        Of course we will be having new thoughts too, as time goes on :-)

        Hope this helps.

        Ballendo