Re: My machines are on their way.... i can't wait!

  • Ron Kolarik
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2003
      Hi Pete,

      Before you set about designing a DRO have a look at:
      http://www.shumatech.com/products/dro-350/index.htm

      Slick design and uses cheap Chinese calipers or quill kits.
      There is a Yahoo group dedicated to it also. If you are an
      engineer you should have no problem with it.....then again :).

      Not an engineer, don't play one on TV but I'm a damn good tech
      that makes engineer's designs work....take great pleasure in tweaking
      engineers though :) My degree just happens to be in a totally
      unrelated field.

      Happy New Year,
      Ron

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2004
        Thanks Ron,

        Yesiree already well studied on the Shumatech site and the YouBuild
        DRO. My only big problem is a source of Chinese scales in this wee
        country, New Zealand. For me to buy ex USA the shipping + handling is
        more than the scale costs or USA tool firms just don't deal outside
        USA.

        Early days though so and i know there's a solution for everything!

        --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Kolarik" <rkolarik@n...>
        wrote:
        > Hi Pete,
        >
        > Before you set about designing a DRO have a look at:
        > http://www.shumatech.com/products/dro-350/index.htm
        >
        > Slick design and uses cheap Chinese calipers or quill kits.
        > There is a Yahoo group dedicated to it also. If you are an
        > engineer you should have no problem with it.....then again :).
        >
        > Not an engineer, don't play one on TV but I'm a damn good tech
        > that makes engineer's designs work....take great pleasure in
        tweaking
        > engineers though :) My degree just happens to be in a totally
        > unrelated field.
        >
        > Happy New Year,
        > Ron

      • Jerry Kimberlin
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2004
          Pete wrote:

          >Thanks Ron,
          >
          >Yesiree already well studied on the Shumatech site and the YouBuild
          >DRO. My only big problem is a source of Chinese scales in this wee
          >country, New Zealand.

          Try Chronos in the UK. They may be cost effective. Or you can order
          them from China:

          http://www.sinoshan.com/EG/sdkc_3.htm

          JerryK