Drill to Mill

  • tjongkristian@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2001
      I have a precision Drill Press (STRONG brand). I was thingking about
      converting it into a milling machine? Any thought? I know it is
      probably easier to just buy a milling machine, but where is the fun
      in that :P
    • Mert Baker
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2001
        Millers need big spindle bearings to handle side (radial) loads. Drill
        presses only need thrust bearings, as side loads are minimal.
        Mert
        "The more fundamental the truth, the more politically incorrect is the
        mention thereof."