Re: [mill_drill] Vises- Kurt Clones-- 6 in or 4 in.?

  • Paul R. Hvidston
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 13, 2001
      Quite correct, Corey. All that workholding capability, and I ended up just clamping some 1/2-13 carriage bolts to the bare table in order to mill the 'ears' off so I could use them in the rotary table. Worked out real nice, though. Someday when I find just the right piece of scrap I'll mill some T-nuts for my RT, but for now the carriage bolts work okay.

      Paul R. Hvidston, N6MGN
      ACKSYS Engineering
      Upland, CA
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 24, 2001
        I solved this problem by placing a shim behing the fixed jaw. It is a
        very dumb design and the Small griz suffer from the problem, that is
        what have a small Griz..

        The shim is nearly 1/4 inch thick and is basically the same size and
        shape as the jaws. You can also make a thicker soft jaw and solve the
        problem...

        Garry