RE: [mill_drill] Vises- Kurt Clones-- 6 in or 4 in.?

  • Corey T Renner
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 12, 2001
      I normally do not use the rotating base, but if the object that you are
      clamping requires that the vise be mounted sideways, you need the base. The
      center-to-center distance of the mounting holes on the vise is wider than
      the table is deep.

      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 24, 2001
        I solved this problem by placing a shim behing the fixed jaw. It is a
        very dumb design and the Small griz suffer from the problem, that is
        what have a small Griz..

        The shim is nearly 1/4 inch thick and is basically the same size and
        shape as the jaws. You can also make a thicker soft jaw and solve the
        problem...

        Garry