steppers

  • Thomas Powell
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 26 12:04 AM
      What "nema" size steppers would I need to power a Rong-Fu 45? And is there
      somewhere that lists the differences in the different nema models?

      Thanks
      Thomas Powell (VMOA 741)
      1994 NOS injected T-Boost sales
      Tourmaster V-Max Clear clutch cover sales
      "LAFGAS" Handlebar brackets
      Contact me at: tppjr@...
      http://imageevent.com/tppjr (photopage)
    • Ed Smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 26 6:46 AM
        Mr. Powell, there is a CNC group on yahoo that might have all this info already figured out.  I subscribed for a while but most of it was so far over my head I couldn't see daylight.  Just a thought.

        At 03:04 AM 8/26/03, you wrote:
        What "nema" size steppers would I need to power a Rong-Fu 45?  And is there
        somewhere that lists the differences in the different nema models?

        Thanks
        Thomas Powell (VMOA 741)
            1994 NOS injected                   T-Boost sales
            Tourmaster V-Max                   Clear clutch cover sales
                 "LAFGAS"                         Handlebar brackets
             Contact me at: tppjr@...
        http://imageevent.com/tppjr (photopage)

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/9rHolB/TM

        L E Smith
        Boones Mill, VA 24065

      • Michael McBroom
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 26 7:10 PM
          --- In mill_drill@yahoogroups.com, Ed Smith <lesmith@r...> wrote:
          > Mr. Powell, there is a CNC group on yahoo that might have all this info
          > already figured out. I subscribed for a while but most of it was so
          far
          > over my head I couldn't see daylight. Just a thought.

          That Yahoo group -- or one of them -- is CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO. There is
          also jobshophomeshop. The latter is more of a general metalworking
          group, but there is still quite a bit of mill discussion that occur
          there. If you haven't already, I'd suggest you join them. I'm like
          Ed -- most of the stuff in CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO is over my head, but I
          reckon I'll catch on after a while.

          Best,

          Michael
        • Damon
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 26 8:17 PM
            That depends on how smooth your table moves, if you are running
            acme or ball screw, how heavy of a piece and how hard you want to
            cut.

            I'm running 1100 OzIn steppers (Nema 34 tripple stack) on my
            Bridgeport 2J and it works pretty darned well.

            -Damon