DRO installed

  • powernob@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 28, 2001
      well there hasnt been much activity here so i thought i would post
      this.

      I recieved my 6" Vertical DRO today from JTS Machinery and installed
      it. I havnt got to use it yet with the dro on it but it seams like it
      will be a big help.

      The instalation went pretty smoth Just had to tap to holes(10-24) in
      the spindle support bracket, make a small aluminum mounting block to
      get everything plumb, and drill a small hole in the plate the has the
      numbers marked on it for depth.

      The DRO itself seems quite nice for 49.99. is very smooth and reads
      to 0.000 and a half(0.0005 or 0.000 is all that it will show).

      Thanks for the other websites out there that show info on how they
      installed a simaler DRO on their Mill/Drill.

      Tyler Phillips
    • j.c.gerber@tbwil.ch
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 28, 2001
        Hi Tyler,

        You will ask yourself how you could do without it.

        Always keep a battery aside. They last long but are always down when you are working. The display is flashing when the battery is low.

        Jean-Claude, Switzerland

        well there hasnt been much activity here so i thought i would post
        this.

        I recieved my 6" Vertical DRO today from JTS Machinery and installed
        it. I havnt got to use it yet with the dro on it but it seams like it
        will be a big help.

        The instalation went pretty smoth Just had to tap to holes(10-24) in
        the spindle support bracket, make a small aluminum mounting block to
        get everything plumb, and drill a small hole in the plate the has the
        numbers marked on it for depth.

        The DRO itself seems quite nice for 49.99. is very smooth and reads
        to 0.000 and a half(0.0005 or 0.000 is all that it will show).

        Thanks for the other websites out there that show info on how they
        installed a simaler DRO on their Mill/Drill.

        Tyler Phillips

        Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
      • Skip Evans
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 29, 2001
          Powernob
          You've stolen my thunder. I just accomplished the same thing yesterday and
          was going to report it today. DAMN! It is going to be nice being able to
          adjust the mill .0005 and not having to stand on a step stool to see the
          z-axis vernier.

          Skip_evans@...
          Alvin, TX
          http://skipevans.homestead.com

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 29, 2001
            Hi Skip

            You could not resist !!!!! Congratulation for this new acquisition.

            That´s the price when during childhood the kid did not want to eat enough soup so as not to use a step stool.

            Jean-Claude, Switzerland

            Subject: Re: [mill_drill] DRO installed