Re: [mill_drill] Motor Problem - HELP !

  • transdoctor3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3, 2003
      If it is they are replaced seperately
    • lenord@gototelescopes.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3, 2003
        Could you be drawing too much amperage for the circuit ?
        ISTR my mill doing this when I had too small of an extension cord on
        it..........

        FWIW
        Lenord

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3, 2003
          Your motor probably has both a start cap and a run
          cap. disconect power to machine, caps are mounted on
          the motor, disconect then, and short the wires or
          terminals on them several times. Then check with a ohm
          meter, will show either a short 0 ohms or the meter
          will show some resitance, if show some resitance
          probably ok. If meter shows open cap, its bad.

          --- Charles Randall Couch <randy9944@...> wrote:
          > I have a new HF 42827 (ZAY7032G) mill-drill which
          > has been working
          > properly until thirty minutes ago. The problem
          > appears to be with
          > the motor or with the starting circuit (?) and is
          > manifested as
          > follows:
          >
          > when the switch is enabled (either forward or
          > reverse), the motor
          > makes a loud humming noise and the spindle rotates
          > v-e-r-y slowly,
          > after five seconds or so, the household circuit
          > breaker trips.
          >
          > The spindle and the motor turn freely by hand and
          > the measured
          > voltage at the forward/reverse switch is 120 volts.
          >
          > Suggestions please ? I live in a rural area, far
          > away from any HF
          > outlets and the idea of sending this monster back to
          > them is
          > appalling !
          >
          > Thanks for your help ...

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
        • Mark Ahmann
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 4, 2003
            Did you make sure the motor is wired correctly for 110v, Maybe its set for 220v, I would double ck this and make sure it is right.