New Mill\Drill member

  • beaton@mb.sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2001
      Hello to YOU ALL,I now live in an Area annex to the U.S.A. and above
      the 49th parallel,it is called Canada for now but soon it will
      change,something to do with the local natives,I think it has to do
      with the signature mark on the legal papers some 150 years ago ,I keep
      telling everybody because there is no French writting on it aswell,so
      how could it be Legal unless you are the court system itself!!!I am
      looking forward to be a part of this group and hope I will be able to
      contribute to you people from my work experience on IC diesel&gas plus
      I work on gas turbine and a lot of crane work thrown in there for good
      measure.I have the 7x12 M&M lathe and was going to get the mini mill
      too but I do not like a plunging style spindle feed, it really sucks
      on the design of that machine,I am looking at a RF-31 10x32 26"spindle
      to table , $1900.00 Cad = $1100.00 US , so now I have to come up with
      a DAY because I have none left,birthday just passed,father's day too
      is past so I got to think of a good milling day!!!....William....
    • Bruce Simpson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2001
        On 1 Jul 01, at 21:12, beaton@... wrote:

        > so now I have to come up with a DAY because I have none
        > left,birthday just passed,father's day too is past so I got to think of a
        > good milling day!!!....William....

        As Mr Worf says: "Every day is a good day to buy a mill" :-)

        If you need an excuse or a special occasion to buy a new tool you're
        not trying hard enough ;-)
      • Mert Baker
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2001
          Bastille day on the 19th. Know anyone from Quebec?
          Mert
          "The more fundamental the truth, the more politically incorrect is the
          mention thereof."