8" Rotary Table / KITTS INDUSTRIAL TOOLS???

  • Paul R. Hvidston
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2001
      Need opinions. I keep seeing an 8" Rotary Table from KITTS INDUSTRIAL TOOLS
      for $169.00+$3.00 S/H in Home Shop Machinist magazine. I've got a small
      dividing head that I'm fixing, but a large rotary table would be useful. I
      can imagine that for <$200 (probably from China or India) one cannot expect
      much, but any words of wisdom would be helpful, on the quality of the rotary
      table in question, the suitability of an 8" RT for an RF-31 and in dealing
      with Kitts Industrial Tools.

      Regards,

      Paul R. Hvidston, N6MGN
      ACKSYS Engineering
      Upland, CA
    • Skip Evans
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2001
        Paul,
        I do not know a lot about rotary tables, but at $169.00 I would be leary. I
        just paid $250.00 for mine from JTS Machinery. I originally bought their 6"
        but sent it back. I felt it was too small.

        http:\\skipevans.homestead.com

        >From: "Paul R. Hvidston" <p.hvidston@...>
        >To: "mill_drill @..." <mill_drill@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: [mill_drill] 8" Rotary Table / KITTS INDUSTRIAL TOOLS???
        >Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 08:31:53 -0700
        >
        >Need opinions. I keep seeing an 8" Rotary Table from KITTS INDUSTRIAL
        >TOOLS
        >for $169.00+$3.00 S/H in Home Shop Machinist magazine. I've got a small
        >dividing head that I'm fixing, but a large rotary table would be useful. I
        >can imagine that for <$200 (probably from China or India) one cannot expect
        >much, but any words of wisdom would be helpful, on the quality of the
        >rotary
        >table in question, the suitability of an 8" RT for an RF-31 and in dealing
        >with Kitts Industrial Tools.
        >
        >Regards,
        >
        >Paul R. Hvidston, N6MGN
        >ACKSYS Engineering
        >Upland, CA

      • Bruce Simpson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2001
          Take a look at:

          http://www.mini-lathe.com/Victor_RT.htm

          and consider carefully any Indian-sourced rotary tables ;-)