Re: More gear help please

  • Gary Davison <26850716@pager.icq.com>
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6, 2003
      Stan
      Thanks for your input. I thought I would use my mill with DRO to
      drill the plate. ???? According to my cad ,I can easly get 127 holes
      with in the diameter of existing plates.

      Don't konw about the fun part, sure is a learning experence!!!!!
      Gary
    • Stan Stocker
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 6, 2003
        Hi Gary;

        A DRO? That's cheating! Didn't realize you had such a handy item on
        your mill. I wasn't going to suggest the bolt circle approach as I
        didn't know you had the DRO, and the odds of an error creeping in
        counting turns or missing some backlash without a DRO are just too high.
        Sounds like a 127 hole bolt circle approach will work just fine. Time
        consuming, but certainly a do-able approach.

        Course you could really cheat and go 4 axis CNC :-) Even 3 axis for a
        bolt circle.

        Have fun,
        Stan

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 6, 2003
          Speaking of CNC. I have a complete electric wheel chair setup. This
          has 24VDC worm drive motors. Just got to figure out how to interface
          to the computer.
          Stan check out my web.

          http://www.gldpages.com

          Gary