Re: [mill_drill] Quill DRO ?

  • galt1x
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 1, 2003
      hibordtool(215)Try this seller as a source on E-bay. I just bought
      three at an average of $45.
      http://www.hibordtool.com/page1.htm web page

      Paul
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 5, 2003
        FYI,
        Thanks for the advise. I ordered a quill dro form JTS yesterday.
        Hank
      • Hunley31@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 11, 2003
          Hi Group,
          Well, I got my vertical DRO yesterday and of course it's too long, by
          about 2". I could return it for credit or alter to fit. Anybody know if the
          shaft can be shortened just by cutting 2" off? Without a 'rack' I'm not sure
          how it works, Learned the hard way to ask first.
          Thanks,
          Hank
        • Owen Lloyd
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 11, 2003
            Hank,
            Is it physically too long to mount? If not, I'd use it as is. Put the extra length at the top. If it is typical of DRO units I've seen you can zero it at any point making the relative position of the shaft un important [unless I'm over looking some thing here.]
            Just my .02
            Owen

              Cut a slot in the belt cover and let it extend into
              the cavity.

              Looky here:

              http://shopping.yahoo.com