ZAY7045M update...

  • zookyred
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2002
      Well, My new mill is unpacked and looking good! I am working on
      getting it level and bolted down. So far the only negitive point is
      that it appears that the dials are not resettable. Not a big deal as
      I intend to add DRO. I'll say one thing...I wanted mass and I got it.
      More to follow....
      Dean
    • Jerry Stephenson
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2002
        Mass is good.
        --Jerry

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2002
          I'm thinking about buying one of the ZAY's as well.  How tall is the machine when it's on the stand and the head is raised all the way up?  I've got a low ceilling shop that it would be going into, just want to make sure it will fit.

          Mitch Davister

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2002
            Mitch,
            With the gearhead dovetail fully engaged in the column the unit is
            56" tall from the table it sits on to the top of the motor. I believe
            it would go up a bit more but I try to keep the dovetails fully
            engaged. This was a question for me also as I have mine in a crawl
            space with very limited headroom.
            Dean

            --- In mill_drill@y..., "Mitch Davister" <mdavister2@a...> wrote:
            > I'm thinking about buying one of the ZAY's as well. How tall is
            the machine when it's on the stand and the head is raised all the way
            up? I've got a low ceilling shop that it would be going into, just
            want to make sure it will fit.

            > Mitch Davister

            Service.
          • ochster82
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 1, 2002
              Oh fun it is... I too, am in the process of setting up my new Rung
              Fu RF45. At 700+ pounds, it is involving alot more help than I
              anticipated. I was concerned about the so-called cheapy stands, but
              the one I have, is quite robust.

              Mark