Power Feed Installation

  • cfirst@garlic.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6, 2001
      I have a similar power feed (from Jand L) installed on my RF-31. It
      looks like the author of the article in HSM(?) sis not get the proper
      manual with his kit. If you look at his picture of left over peices
      you will see that they are the clamp assembly (caled small adapter)
      in the HF manual. The small adapter bolts on to the power feed (look
      in the upper part of Photo 2 at the slot) and clamps on to the end of
      the table with the the two pointed bolts (Photo 3 and 4). It took me
      about 1/2 hour to install it. and if needed it is easy to remove (if
      you want to move the mill)by removing the two clamping bolts.

      carl
    • Paul R. Hvidston
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2001
        Carl,

        I'm hoping that it just clamps on. The manual does say to remove the bearing
        flange and install the appropriate extension shaft. This wasn't necessary
        was it? I figured if I had to I could machine my own adapter. I do have a
        mill now ;-)

        And oh yes, it is in Machinist's Workshop not HSM. I'm looking at the
        article right now.

        regards,

        Paul R. Hvidston, N6MGN@...
        ACKSYS Engineering
        Upland, CA
        p.hvidston@...

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 6, 2001
          I took off the hand crank, replaced it with the provided gear,
          assembled the small adapter onto the power feed as shown and dropped
          it on, tightened up the two bolts (with the pointed ends). It was
          that simple

          carl

        • jsteimle@austin.rr.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 6, 2001