Bargin 6" Rotary Table

  • Ernest Hood
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2002
      Howdy,

      I found that the "friction washer" on the bottom of the table shaft was
      corroded and that it had been improperly adjusted. IE., the "secondary"
      washer meant to act as a "clamp" was too close and the screws holding it
      were protruding thru the friction washer. Once I had removed the
      corrosion, oiled and adjusted the arrangement , I had a perfectly fine 6"
      rotary table for $90.

      P.S. I took a look at my previous message (below) at the mill-group web
      site and found it to be WHITE on A BLACK background. So I assume my
      changing the format from "convert to HTML" to "not convert" has fixed the
      problem?

      Howdy,

      I just bought a LatheMaster 6" rotary table. Problem is they were out of
      stock and didn't expect any for about 3 months. But they had a RT that had
      been returned 'cause it have a "rough" spot in the turning. I have the
      opportunity to return it if I want. It was $90, so I figured at least I'd
      get a chance to take a look at it and determine if I want to keep it or not.
      Has anyone got any experience with taking one apart and cleaning it up? Or
      is this not a recommended thing to do? I'd only do it after I determined
      that I'd keep it. I'm prepared to buy a Phase II 4" for more precise work
      if necessary. Or if I'm pleased with the 6" fit on my mill-drill I may
      order another and wait. Comments and suggestions. How about a good soak in
      something?

      Adios,
      Joie

      P.S. I went to "Edit Membership" and changed my format so that it doesn't
      convert to HTML which was someone's suggest in this group. Please let ;me
      know if you're still getting BLACK ON BLACK.
    • Eric Murray
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2002
        On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 12:50:54PM -0700, Ernest Hood wrote:
        > Once I had removed the
        > corrosion, oiled and adjusted the arrangement , I had a perfectly fine 6"
        > rotary table for $90.

        Deal!

        > P.S. I took a look at my previous message (below) at the mill-group web
        > site and found it to be WHITE on A BLACK background. So I assume my
        > changing the format from "convert to HTML" to "not convert" has fixed the
        > problem?

        You're now posting in plain text. Which means that the font size and color
        are now set by the recipient. I happen to be viewing this with
        a black background and text that is off-white with a slight cyan hue...
        can't tell you the font type because I have forgotten what it is, but
        it's 14 points.

        Posting plain text is greatly superior to sending HTML. Thanks.

        Eric
      • Ernest Hood
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2002
          Howdy Eric,