Re: [mill_drill] cords of a circle & dividers

  • Owen Lloyd
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2002
      Thanks Marv, simple and effective. Will do.
      owen
      -Owen,
               I haven't done it in a while, but I would adjust the divider points
      on a steel rule with engraved marks, and use the 1/64" scale. If you have
      pretty good eyes, you can get within .015", and if you use a magnifying
      glass, probably half of that. That's close enough for government work.

      Marv Frankel
      Los Angeles
    • leasingham_connelly
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
        If you do this sort of thing regularly enough and accuracy is
        important why not fit a couple of suitable points to a vernier
        caliper. The cost of digital ones has fallen so low in the uk now
        that they are half the price they were a year ago. The usual exchange
        rate for things that are available in the US and the UK is one dollar
        to one pound, not the official exchange rate that the money markets
        use. If that is the case then they will probably be available for
        less than $25. If you have an old vernier you could use that for
        dividers and treat yourself to a new digital one, they're far better
        than struggling with a vernier scale.