Mill/drill Left/Right table

  • powernob@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2001
      hi list

      when i got my mill it had some light rust on the surface of the
      left/right table... looking through the Manual for the machine it
      shows 2 diferent models in it, the 33868, and the 33686, accourding
      to the manual the 33868 has a left/right table that is 28 1/4" x 8
      1/2" and the 33686 has a left/right table that is 31 3/4" x 9 1/2".

      looking at the measurements, i have the 33868, but that item is
      discontinued... and the 33686 is the one that they still show on the
      web page, but the one on the web page has the smaller left/right
      table...(let me know if this is confusing).

      I was wondering if anyone thought that harborfreight would still have
      the larger table in stock for parts... if so would it fit my rf30?

      do you think i could do a little number swaping to get a replacement
      for my "rusty table", and get the bigger table in the process? I
      would like the extra tabletop space, and the extra 5" left/right
      travel!

      Tyler Phillips

      ps. im not always so shady, just trying to get the most bang for my
      buck ;)
    • cadman@popmail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2001
        I don't know if it's possible to do this, but if it is I also wanted
        to remind you of the tapered ways. If you somehow find that the
        longer table will fit, you also better pick up the longer "Gib" for
        the table. These gibs are set to match the taper of the way and be
        able to reach the way screws at each end of the table. Your old
        shorter gib would not work in this longer table.

        CADMAN